A Bit About Me
Hey there! I’m a visual designer with a background in Data Science, Project Management, and Fine Arts. Showcasing data and powerful narratives using strategy and unique, captivating visuals is my jam. I received the Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Writing in my graduating class and am well-versed with programs within the Adobe Creative Suite. I have strong interpersonal skills derived from a history of team building, conflict mediation, and conflict resolution.
April 2020 to Present
Sep 2019 - March 2020
Jan 2019 - Aug 2019
July 2018 - Dec 2018
Jan 2017 - May 2017
Visual Storyteller and Communications Designer
Freelance at Dawn Rose Designs
• Build dozens of brands by implementing visual storytelling, creative brand strategy, brand architecture, brand style guides.
• Design and develop responsive, mobile-optimized websites with newsletter, online donation, blog, gallery, and CRM functionality.
• Create visual narratives, tailored content, and event promotions across multiple channels including email and social media campaigns, event publicity, and blogs.
• Craft strong copy and tell stories that transcend language and culture through emotion and human connection.
• Create and maintain design systems, templates, and workflows to support scalability and client autonomy.
• Art direct and scout locations for photoshoots.
• Moved to Thailand where I developed and completed a fine-arts residency.
• Led regular art classes, painted murals for local businesses, featured in a community art show, and taught English to Chinese students and families.
Illustrator and Online Store Owner
• Illustrated custom designs for an oracle card deck sold online by America Eagle on ae.com.
• Sold original fine-art and graphic design prints, including watercolor, acrylic, mixed-media, and digital pieces.
• Six months of travel backpacking through China, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
• Activities included painting murals for businesses in Thailand, volunteer work at hostels, and deepening in meditative practices at monasteries.
Geospatial Analyst and Project Manager
San Francisco Bay Bird Observatory
• Lead GIS Specialist and Project Manager of a team of five Santa Clara University students.
• Displayed and analyzed 35 years of colonial waterbird data in the San Francisco Bay Area to establish nesting and breeding trends.
• Generated a geodatabase, edited excel sheets and data, conducted hotspot analyses, made space time cubes, created an Esri Story Maps, and completed graphing and statistical work.